Next Sensation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin
https://nextsensation.forumotion.com

Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Phaerie) Empty Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Phaerie)

1/3/2018, 8:46 pm
Phaerie walks into the dark room. Everything looks pitch black except for a lone white cushioned seat, illuminated by a spotlight. She sits down and is met by silence.

Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Phaerie) Giphy

Suddenly, a switch is turned. Another spotlight turns on, revealing Valkaria sitting on another chair — well, more like a throne. Her legs are crossed as she sits matter-of-factly.

"Surprised to see me?" she said. "I'll be your interviewer today. And I won't hold back. So, today I'll be grilling you on your life and music. This is broadcasted live. We invited your friend...s? and family to watch. Oh, and thousands of people are already judging you on twitter. Something about a mop head? Anyways, enough dilly dally. Let's begin."

A camera comes out of nowhere and gets pushed into Phaerie's face, the red light blinking in her eyes.

"Let's start with a nice warm up question: Your personal life. So how do you handle bring abandoned by everyone you care about? Your unknown father, your hopelessly drug addicted mother who was in and out of rehab for years, not to mention your ex Dhaun who you just can't seem to let go of even though he violated your trust. What's that like?"

[Question 1/5]

——————————————————

Challenge 3: “Keep Your Cool,” Charisma Competition

• Players must be heavily scrutinized in an interview. The interviewer will ask them deep personal questions, critique their music heavily, and create rumors to get a rise or breakdown out of players. Stay calm and collected or you’ll make the tabloids for all the wrong reasons!
  • Both players will be asked 5 very personal questions. Each answer will be graded on a score of 1 to 5, determined by a 5-sided dice. Roll one dice per question.
  • The player with the best average score wins.
  • If you are a Charisma competitor, add 1 to the final average.
  • If your weakness is Charisma, subtract 1 from your final average.

Prize: Winner gets saved from elimination, loser goes home.

Last edited by Valkaria on 1/19/2018, 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phaerie
Phaerie

Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Phaerie) Empty Re: Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Phaerie)

1/3/2018, 9:06 pm
Her first instinct was to be a bitch, of course. Phaerie is an incredibly self destructive and impulsive person.

But then she remembered who she was up against. RILEY. The more clean-cut and approachable version of herself. The LIKEABLE version of herself. Cute little white girl with her shitty pop music.

She took a deep breath and forced an answer out through clenched teeth. "I think that... Losing people has only made me stronger. Those motherfuckers WISH they were half the person I am. I don't give a shit about not having a daddy--most people I know are missing parents. Ruby can go fuck herself the bitch can't even walk. And Dhaun--" she laughed, pretty obviously just trying to stall so she could think of something nasty to say. It was a little tougher when it came to the ex. "He's the one missing out. He lost a good thing, and someday when I'm rich and famous and have a dozen boyfriends he's gonna wish he hadn't done me like he did."

Last edited by Phaerie on 1/3/2018, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Phaerie) Empty Re: Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Phaerie)

1/3/2018, 9:06 pm
The member 'Phaerie' has done the following action : Competition

'Challenge 3 Round 2' :
Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Phaerie) 4_by_lets_get_saiko-dbyumuv
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

1/3/2018, 9:15 pm
Valkaria listened with a grin on her face that soon faded when she realized that Phaerie...actually handled that question well.

"Ruby's your mom, right? Harsh words for someone who raised you. And Dhaun...interesting you say he lost you when all signs point to you following him around like a lost puppy. But what happens if you get rich and famous — as if — and tall-dark-and-handsome still doesn't give you a second glance? Will you be able to handle knowing that not even fame and fortune could make you good enough for him?"

Damn, Val, where's the chill?

[Question 2/5]
Phaerie
Phaerie

1/3/2018, 9:25 pm
"I don't want Dhaun!" she fired back instantly. Already a little bit of her edge was showing. Calm down, Phae, you GOT this. You can't let it all out right now. Just calm down....

"I don't need a man, a woman, some... Nonbinary fucker. I don't need anybody in my life to make me happy. I'll make MYSELF happy and I'll make MYSELF successful." She leaned forward a bit, the hands were coming out, she was gesturing towards herself a lot more... Oof alright, taking any credit away from Phae was the thing to hit on. "I don't need you, this show, the fans, or skinny-dick Dhaun. I just need myself, and my talent and hard work."

After that small outburst, Phaerie seemed pretty pleased with herself. She leaned back in her chair, grinning from ear-to-ear. "Damn, gingy, I figured you'd know a little better than that. You're a successful woman in an industry that ain't easy or rewarding for us girls. You really think at the end of the day it's all about gettin' some dick?"

Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

1/3/2018, 9:25 pm

'Challenge 3 Round 2' :
Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Phaerie) 4_by_lets_get_saiko-dbyumuv
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

1/3/2018, 9:52 pm
Valkaria smiled, gratified that she saw a little bit more of Phaerie's anger leak out. She was trying to get a rise out of Phaerie and it was working. She ignored her (admittedly great) comeback and began writing heavily on a clipboard. Not actually writing anything of use — moreso to throw Phaerie off and make her feel uncomfortable.

"You mentioned talent. Let's talk about that. What about you do you actually consider talented? Is it...Your meek voice that makes you boring on stage? Or is it your anger issues that you use to try to make yourself seem tough, but it really just comes off as fake and shows you're just a joke? I'm a little confused on where the talent part comes in."

[Question 3/5]
Phaerie
Phaerie

1/3/2018, 10:12 pm

That threw her for a loop. Phaerie thought all her bravado and guitar smashing was enough to hide those deep-seeded insecurities. "Well uh..."

FUCK, Phae, don't give up yet. Don't give them an inch--not ONE INCH. People love you because you are a strong and confident woman... who flashes her assets a lot.

She laughed it off, but was obviously extremely on-edge and her tone sure as HELL didn't hide her anger. "That's the good thing about punk music--you don't NEED to have a great voice to be famous. NOT that I don't have a great voice, I-I'm Phaerie fucking Clouter, I'm the most talented bitch here."

"And if you want authentic, baby, how about you let me be the scrappy little shit I am?" Phaerie threw up her arms in disgust. "This interview is BULLSHIT. I am authentic! Stupid shit like this is ruining the music industry. You ask me all these questions but all you really want me to do is nod and smile like some little princess. What's next? Asking me to write a sappy love song about how I want a boy who is just TOO COOL to ever want me. Tch. Get bent."
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

1/3/2018, 10:12 pm

'Challenge 3 Round 2' :
Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Phaerie) 1b_by_lets_get_saiko-dbx05wz
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

1/3/2018, 10:54 pm
Valkaria watches Phaerie get even more and more worked up. In anger, Phae gets up to leave — but Val has a trick up her sleeve.

"Are you wrapping up the interview early? Because we aren't finished yet. In fact, it was just getting good..."

Valkaria picks up a remote and pushes a button. Suddenly, in the dark room another light emerges. A large white square appears on the wall next to the two of them. Then, the television erupts into static. Finally, it rests on an image — a woman.

She was only visible from the bust up, and though she tried to hide it (rather lazily) with a blanket you could very clearly see that she was seated in a wheelchair. Her nails were long and thick, and painted an extremely gaudy shade of pink. The room behind her was garrish and dirty. She wore a very nice but poorly cared for wig that was ratted into a halfup-half down beehive sort of a mess, and she'd clearly gotten very dressed up for this interview.

With a smirk and a laugh, the woman started to speak. "Phaerie? That little shit?" The woman took another drag from her cigarette, smoking it down to the filter, and quickly lit another with the butt of it. "She's dead to me. She's dead to everyone in this neighborhood. She walked around here thinking she was better than everyone, so convinced that she was gonna be a musician. All she's ever done is fuck dealers and smash things. The only reason people come to her shows is to laugh at her and look up her skirt."

She took another long drag, burning through half the cig in one go and holding it in for a good long while before exhaling. The look on her face was one of pure delight. "She's a stupid cunt. She's useless. She wants nothing to do with anyone in the neighborhood, least of all her family, and we don't miss her. She can go off and pretend to be a musician all she wants, but we all know one day she'll end up just like her mother. Maybe worse. God knows she's on her back way more than I was at her age."

"Only nice thing I can say is she might make more money stripping than I ever did. Her tits are bigger."

Without a word, Valkaria turned the television off and looked at Phaerie. She was silent for what felt like a long time, but was probably no more than a minute. Finally, she spoke.

"Well, how do you feel about slowly growing up to one day be exactly like Ruby? Talk about career goal of the century." She rolled her eyes. "Implying that isn't what you want, do you actually have any goals and resolutions so you don't end up like a chainsmoking drug addict? Or are you just relying on a slim miracle that you'll somehow wind up different?"

[Question 4/5]
Phaerie
Phaerie

1/3/2018, 11:09 pm
Low. Blow.

Phaerie was shocked to say the least. She stopped dead in her tracks the second she heard her mother's voice, the years of hell coming back to her all at once. Her mother popping in and out of her life, her aunt's shrill screaming, her uncle, her uncle's friends...

She'd run away from all of that the second she could, escaped to Dhaun, and when he left she poured everything into the music for fear of having to remember. Now here she was forced to confront it after so long, with her music career on the line.

"I..." Phaerie had been totally silent for the duration of the video, repeating nonsense in her head to keep herself from showing any kind of emotion, but when Val's words cut through the silence she couldn't hold back anymore. Her eyes brimmed with tears, but her mouth curled up into a defiant snarl. "I might not make it on your garbage show--which is so clearly a shitty and desperate attempt to restart your dead-and-buried career--but I will make something out of myself."

Then again... The drugs, the partying, and even putting so much of her self worth on men. They were all things that Phaerie had hated and rejected, but somehow ended up indulging in the second she was presented with the opportunity. It scared her. She debated wiping away the tears that were starting to form, but thought against it. Never acknowledge weakness. It just makes you look weaker. She just stood her ground--in fact, she stood a little closer to Val. "And I don't care if you are the only thing standing between me and a recording contract. You ever imply I fuck for money again, I'll drop you. It'll be easy."
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

1/3/2018, 11:09 pm

'Challenge 3 Round 2' :
Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Phaerie) 3b_by_lets_get_saiko-dbx05vy
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

1/3/2018, 11:25 pm
She stared up as Phaerie stepped closer and insulted her. Valkaria lowkey felt horrible for bring up all of these emotions and raw personal issues, but she also felt like it was for the best. If it wasn't handled right here, right now, on a television show where it was actually okay to make dumb mistakes without ruining your career, then these musicians would be screwed in the real world. Val was harsh, no doubt, but the rest of the world can be much much more cruel, and even less forgiving. At least now Phaerie proved she could not only stand up for herself, but learn to handle when the darkest pieces of her life are brought to the forefront. The next time she'd face these issues — out there in the real world — Val knew Phaerie could now handle it better.

So, Valkaria reacted coldly. One last question that preyed on Phaerie's insecurities. One last harsh reality to face, and then it was all over.

"Whoa whoa, losing temper there. Or is it just a defense mechanism because you're afraid to show raw, real emotion? Tell me Phaerie, when was the last time you actually let yourself show other people your sensitive, vulnerable side?"

[Question 5/5]
Phaerie
Phaerie

1/20/2018, 12:35 pm
At this, she only laughed. "Y'all really think you deserve to see me cry? I can be emotional when I want to--hell,
I did it on your shitty little show right before this challenge? Feel free to play the footage, unless you just wanna give the win to fake-punk without a fight."

Having shown her claws a little seemed to have put Phae back at ease, but in reality it was more that Val's question had reminded her to hide her true emotions. Don't get angry, don't get sad: just be a badass at all times. The second someone sees your weakness, they'll exploit it.

Maybe... she wasn't ready for to go 'big' in the music industry. But, Phae didn't dwell on that thought. She just went back to her chair and settled in with a smug look on her face.

"I told all of you that I don't need this show. I'll make it big without you, and I can be emotional when I FEEL like it. Being sensitive and sappy ain't my style."
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

1/20/2018, 12:35 pm

'Challenge 3 Round 2' :
Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Phaerie) 1b_by_lets_get_saiko-dbx05wz
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum