Next Sensation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin
https://nextsensation.forumotion.com

Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Riley) Empty Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Riley)

1/5/2018, 6:32 pm
Riley enters the pitch black room and sits on the lone illuminated white cushioned seat. She sits in silence until a light switch is turned, revealing Valkaria sitting on a chair across from her. She's got a clipboard in hand, laying back along her white throne.

"That's right. I'm your interviewer," she said. "And I'll be holding nothing back, so get ready. I'm going to dive into your personal life and your music career so far. This will be live with most everyone you know watching. Thousands of people are watching you right now. Including your ex. Let's get started."

Val looks at her clipboard as a camera pops out of nowhere and inches closer to Riley.

"Let's start with your music. How does it feel to be a part of a dying music genre, knowing you are completely and utterly wasting your time? It's no secret by the time you're 'known,' no one will give a damn about pop punk anymore. Much less you."

[Question 1/5]

——————————————————

Challenge 3: “Keep Your Cool,” Charisma Competition

• Players must be heavily scrutinized in an interview. The interviewer will ask them deep personal questions, critique their music heavily, and create rumors to get a rise or breakdown out of players. Stay calm and collected or you’ll make the tabloids for all the wrong reasons!
  • Both players will be asked 5 very personal questions. Each answer will be graded on a score of 1 to 5, determined by a 5-sided dice. Roll one dice per question.
  • The player with the best average score wins.
  • If you are a Charisma competitor, add 1 to the final average.
  • If your weakness is Charisma, subtract 1 from your final average.

Prize: Winner gets saved from elimination, loser goes home.

Last edited by Valkaria on 1/19/2018, 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Riley
Riley

Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Riley) Empty Re: Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Riley)

1/5/2018, 8:47 pm

Wait Valkaria knew about her last ex? This can't end well. Riley had been trying to move on for a couple months now and she was still kinda upset over the whole thing. This sucks, but, there wasn't much Riley could do at this point other then keep calm and start answering Val's stupid questions.
Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Riley) DgLQ3
"Well pop punk may not be in the best shape at this point, but that doesn't mean it can't have a resurgence. Besides maybe all it needs is a few fresh faces such as mine to ramp up the popularity" she replies with a slight smirk.
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Riley) Empty Re: Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Riley)

1/5/2018, 8:47 pm
The member 'Riley' has done the following action : Competition

'Challenge 3 Round 2' :
Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Riley) 3b_by_lets_get_saiko-dbx05vy
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

1/5/2018, 10:10 pm
Valkaria laughs to make Riley insecure. "I really doubt that. Especially looking at these lyrics..."

She flips through her clipboard and begins to read off lyrics Riley made up when she was younger — with a mocking voice, of course.

"I said hey!
Over there!
Your looking hella fine and i really wanna make you mine
Hey!
Whats your name?
You better tell me quick cause im getting kinda love sick."

She looked up at Riley. "You must have been joking, right? My manager could write better lyrics, and sometimes I doubt he's even literate. And what about this cheesy nonsense?"

"I need you!
More then flowers need the rain
I need you!
Just to deal with pain
Through the thick and the thin
All the ups and the downs
I was lost but now I'm found...Because of you."

"Did you ever grow out of your edgy teen phase or is this pretty much going to be what you're like until you hit menopause?

[Question 2/5]
Riley
Riley

1/6/2018, 1:01 am

Riley pretty much froze as Valkaria started reading off those lyrics. Oh my god, she somehow got ahold of that old notebook I used to write songs in. It's been years since I looked at that old thing and its even worse than I remember. I can't believe I used to think I was such a good song writer. That certain air of confidence Riley normally had already started to fade

She gave Val a very sheepish look
"Um, I was like fourteen when I wrote those lyrics. Like many teenagers I had some hardcore crushes and took them way too seriously. I'll admit I'm not a great songwriter, but i do think i've improved over the years.
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

1/6/2018, 1:01 am

'Challenge 3 Round 2' :
Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Riley) 4_by_lets_get_saiko-dbyumuv
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

1/8/2018, 11:10 pm
Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Riley) Giphy

"Psh, girl, no amount of aging can fix this kind of bad lyricism," she said. "Once you start writing lyrics this bad, you never age out of it."

That wasn't necessarily true, but the pressure was on for the balding-on-purpose wannabe idol.

"Speaking about your past, why don't we talk about your ex? Dewie I think her name was???" She rolled her eyes. "I hear the breakup was awkward as hell. How about you spill the beans? Twitter is dying to analyze what you did wrong and completely ream you apart."

[Question 3/5]
Riley
Riley

1/9/2018, 10:27 pm

In her head this interview was starting to turn into one of the countless lectures she got in grade school, Only difference was that Val seemed to enjoy what she was doing unlike those poor teachers Riley had. She crossed her arms and tried to look as nonchalant as possible. This worked for about a minute, but then the topic of her ex came up.

"Her Name is Devvie not Dewie" Riley muttered under her breath

Riley had dated a few people in the past, but it never became anything serious......but then she met Devvie and all that changed. She was Riley's first real relationship and is one of a the few people who truly understand her. Unfortunately, after almost two years of dating the girls fell out of love and decided to end the relationship. Given the fact that this was Riley's first real relationship, it was taking a while to move on.

"Look, we broke up over text message and it was basically the it's not you, it's me cliche. Sometimes people just fall out of love and there's no bad guy, but feel free to speculate and assassinate my character twitter! It's not like I can stop you!"
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

1/9/2018, 10:27 pm

'Challenge 3 Round 2' :
Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Riley) 2a_by_lets_get_saiko-dbx05wk
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

1/15/2018, 8:26 pm
"Dewie, Devvie, who cares," Valkaria yawned.

"The point is you couldn't even hold one relationship together. Let's not talk about your years and years and years of being solo...If you can't even keep one single girl, how can we trust you to be accountable in the music industry? How do we know you won't just 'fall out of music' like you did for love? In other words, why should your fans even trust you?"

[Question 4/5]
Riley
Riley

1/16/2018, 12:13 am

"Well, I've been passionate about music since I was a little kid...... I spent so much time learning to play instruments, attempting to write songs and generally singing my heart out. It always brought me so much joy and I feel like it's something I'm actually good at. It seems very unlikely that I would just give up on something I put all that time and energy into. Besides, do you really think I would sit here and put up with your bullshit questions if I wasn't in this for the long haul? I don't think so."
Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Riley) Tenor
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

1/16/2018, 12:13 am

'Challenge 3 Round 2' :
Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Riley) 5a_by_lets_get_saiko-dbx05vo
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

1/18/2018, 2:52 pm
Valkaria says nothing, just scribbling on her clipboard to throw Riley off. She occasionally shoots daggers at her. Finally, she pulls out an envelope from underneath the pages, opens it up and hands it to Riley.

"Alright Riley, final question. In front of you are a series of photos of you getting arrested. You should know well by now that the tabloids absolutely thrive on that stuff. And no, it does not look good for your 'pop punk everything is rainbows and butterflies' image. Tell me, do you plan on pulling more of this shit between getting arrested and other bad publicity?"

[Question 5/5]
Riley
Riley

1/19/2018, 2:53 pm

"Getting arrested was definitely not my proudest moment and I definitely don't plan on repeating that incident, but I'm not about to start revolving my life around the tabloids. Lets be real here, even if I decided that from this moment on I was going to be the media's golden child they would still look for something to pin on me. They would photograph me with spinach in my teeth, talk about how my hairstyle is ugly, start random rumors to get my fans enraged.... basically, you name it they'll do it. Plus living on the edge once in a while can be fun and normally it doesn't cause any harm, so I won't be stopping anytime soon. If anyone has a problem with that they can say it straight to my face."
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

1/19/2018, 2:53 pm

'Challenge 3 Round 2' :
Week 3 - Keep Your Cool (Round 2 - Riley) 4_by_lets_get_saiko-dbyumuv
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

1/20/2018, 12:24 pm
When Riley finished answering all of her questions, Valkaria marked the final scores on her clipboard. Everyone gathered in the studio as she revealed the winner.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! Congratulations, Riley. You're saved from elimination!"

"Phaerie, I'm sorry but you are going home. Personally, I thought you were a boss at standing up for yourself. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum