Next Sensation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin
https://nextsensation.forumotion.com

Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) Empty Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1)

12/13/2017, 5:23 pm
Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) 20130226_NM_0170

Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) 7-Studio

Valkaria sits in a fancy computer chair and sits cross-legged with a cosmopolitan as the six contestants walk onto the recording studio connected to the rec room in their hours. The control room has two chairs alongside audio mixing consoles, effects units and computers. The studio room is equipped with two microphones and mic stands and various instruments. The studio room has enough space for four people.

It's also filled with cameras.

"Welcome to your first challenge!" Valkaria said with her hands in the air, almost accidentally spilling her cosmo everywhere. "Wonderin' why we have all the cameras? Well, we've got some fans here to see you so GET PUMPED."

She gestures to the recording room. "It's time to show the world who you are. One by one each of you will go into the studio and introduce yourself to the world. We've got thousands of viewers watching this online via livestream. This is your first opportunity to make a big impression, so make it count! Nobody goes home this week, but you will win an edge for next week's challenge."

Val downs the rest of her drink and stands up. "Introduce yourselves and play something bangin'!"

——————————————————

Challenge 1: "Bangin' Intro," Luck Competition

• Introduce yourself and post a song (YouTube embed works fine) that suits you and gives off a first impression.
  • Roll three times to determine fan reaction. You can roll die by going to the "reply" window and looking for the section that says "Competition." Click on the "Challenge 1: Luck" dice in the drop-down menu and set the "Dice rolls" to 3. Rolls either say “Love,” “No Opinion,” or “Hate.”
  • The person with the most “Loves” wins. In the event of a tie, each player performs another song (posts a video) and rolls three times again.

Prize: Winner gets Advantage during next competition: Add or subtract 2 to any of your rolls. Only applies to Challenge 2.
Phaerie
Phaerie

Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) Empty Re: Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1)

12/13/2017, 6:45 pm
It hadn't been that long that Phae had been stuck chillin with these nerds, but she'd still been DYING inside keeping a low profile. Her initial entrance had been less-than spectacular, considering she'd gone out and partied for... uh... Three? Days prior to showing up. It had taken a while to get all the puke out of her system and rehydrate, plus she wanted to watch everyone interact before being too obnoxious.

But now was her time.

SHE WAS SO READY TO ROCK.

Phaerie grabbed the most brutal looking guitar and went into the studio. She didn't say much, but the girl OOZED attitude. "My name's Phaerie, I'm from Detroit--born and raised--and there are only three things you need to know about me." Phae played a quick and VERY loud riff as to punctuate each of her three points. She kept it cool, calm, but still wanted that little edge with each point. Coming from anyone else, this would sound horribly cliche but something about her 'I don't give a single shit' attitude and the sincerity with which she spoke made it... Kinda cool.

"I like to fuck, I like to party, and I rock harder than any one of you little pu--" oof, gonna have to censor that last bit. "Now give this a listen--you might learn something."

Wow. What an icon. That usually KILLED when the band played it--then again, they usually smashed a lot of stuff during and after the show...
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

12/13/2017, 6:45 pm
The member 'Phaerie' has done the following action : Competition

'Challenge 1 - Luck' :
Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) Hate_dice_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvsw7q
Phaerie
Phaerie

12/13/2017, 6:46 pm
((oops I only rolled once jfdkl;ajf Next two rolls))
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

12/13/2017, 6:46 pm
The member 'Phaerie' has done the following action : Competition

'Challenge 1 - Luck' :
Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) No_opinion_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvswrv Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) Love_dice_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvsw7m
Mae
Mae

12/14/2017, 12:36 am

Mae was up next. What a contrast from such a powerful performance to poor lil awkward Mae. She didn't show it much but she was getting incredibly nervous. Her pits were sweating and *sniff sniff* did she just nervous burp?

Mae walks up to the instruments, scanning them all. What should she pick? She knew them all, she loved them all, but they were too safe. Mae reaches into her back pocket and pulls it out.. her handy recorder that she's had since middle school. If she's going down, she's going down with her best friend. She plops through the door and puts her mouth up to the mic.

*Mae lets out a few sets of heavy breathing*
"(pant) I-I'm Mae and I like to play music, imaginarily pet cats in my head, and pluck the hairs off my mom's arms.. and uh.. I'm gonna play you a song.. today...on my recorder..."

Last edited by Mae on 12/14/2017, 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Mae
Mae

12/14/2017, 12:40 am

Mae was soooo happy by the fans reactions. Only a few boos and maybe one or two..okay one clap! It usually never goes that well! Usually the school bullies just throw rocks at her! Maybe there is a small glimmer of hope for Mae!

Last edited by Mae on 12/14/2017, 12:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

12/14/2017, 12:40 am
The member 'Mae' has done the following action : Competition

'Challenge 1 - Luck' :
Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) No_opinion_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvswrv Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) Hate_dice_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvsw7q Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) No_opinion_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvswrv
Davis
Davis

12/14/2017, 1:33 am
Now it was Davis' turn. He tried to think a lot about what song he should sing, this is his first impression after all. He did not want to go the Usher route cause then people would think he's dirty and just wants to sing about sex. He sighs and grabs a guitar "Hey guys, I am Davis aka Davey Baxter from Cinncinnati, Ohio." god this so cringy "I am going to go a different route and sing a song by a woman and doing an acoustic version so I hope you guys enjoy" he looks down, grins and starts playing the guitar

Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

12/14/2017, 1:33 am
The member 'Davis' has done the following action : Competition

'Challenge 1 - Luck' :
Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) Hate_dice_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvsw7q Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) No_opinion_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvswrv Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) Hate_dice_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvsw7q
Riley
Riley

12/14/2017, 2:07 am

Next up was Riley. She knew the pressure was on...... After all, you only have one shot at a first impression and this clearly wasn't amateur hour. She does a quick crack of her knuckles then confidently enters the studio. She glances at the instruments and quickly selects an electric keyboard. She wanted to let her music do the talking, so she kept her intro short and sweet.

"Hey! My Name is Riley and I'm from Rochester, New York. Hope you're willing to support me on this crazy journey." She winks at the camera and then begins to perform.

Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

12/14/2017, 2:07 am
The member 'Riley' has done the following action : Competition

'Challenge 1 - Luck' :
Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) Love_dice_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvsw7m Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) Love_dice_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvsw7m Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) Hate_dice_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvsw7q
Isabel
Isabel

12/14/2017, 8:59 am
Isabel was up next, on his way into the sound room he passes Riley and gives her a pat on the back telling her she did a great job. He looks around the room figuring out which instrument to choose from, He was leaning more towards the violin, but then changes his mind feeling like singing some old fashion soul music and heads towards the piano.

"Hello, My name is Isabel Divine, I'm 25 years old and this is for all the broken hearts out there." He points to the camera supporting the singles, he then clears his throat and adjusts it to his feminine voice, here goes nothing.

"I miss you Melissa Addison who lives on 59th and Olive" He breaks down into tears.
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

12/14/2017, 8:59 am
The member 'Isabel' has done the following action : Competition

'Challenge 1 - Luck' :
Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) No_opinion_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvswrv Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) No_opinion_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvswrv Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) No_opinion_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvswrv
Leopold
Leopold

12/14/2017, 11:50 am
Last but not least, Leopold enters the studio. He brushes off his hair from his face and then quickly peaks underneath his glove where he poorly scribbled some lines in English. Before anyone can notice he rested his hands on his hips and grinned.
"Good afternoon. My name is Leopold. You can call me Leo. I am 23 year old and lives in Leipzig. I dedicating my first performence to my beautiful Marissa. Enjoy!"
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

12/14/2017, 11:50 am
The member 'Leopold' has done the following action : Competition

'Challenge 1 - Luck' :
Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) Love_dice_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvsw7m Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) Hate_dice_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvsw7q Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) Love_dice_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvsw7m
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

12/14/2017, 11:57 am
Valkaria claps her hands together.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have a tie! Riley and Leopold, fans loved the two of you the most! You have a second shot to be the fan favorite, so hop back in there for your encore!"
Leopold
Leopold

12/14/2017, 12:31 pm
Leopold was caught by surprise to see there were fans of his style within the crowd. Even though he had just finished singing last of the group and was still out of breath compared to Riley, he was determined to win.
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

12/14/2017, 12:31 pm
The member 'Leopold' has done the following action : Competition

'Challenge 1 - Luck' :
Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) No_opinion_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvswrv Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) No_opinion_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvswrv Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) Hate_dice_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvsw7q
Riley
Riley

12/14/2017, 1:30 pm

She watches Leopold exits the studio "Nicely done" she says as he passes by.Now it was time for her encore and she was pretty pumped.She enters the studio and grabs a microphone off the stand.

Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

12/14/2017, 1:30 pm
The member 'Riley' has done the following action : Competition

'Challenge 1 - Luck' :
Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) Love_dice_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvsw7m Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) Hate_dice_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvsw7q Week 1 - Bangin' Intro (Round 1) No_opinion_by_lets_get_saiko-dbvswrv
Valkaria
Valkaria
Admin

12/14/2017, 1:37 pm
"The fans have spoken — Riley, you won! Congratulations girly. You win an edge for next week's challenge — not to mention a growing fanbase!"

She smiles, "As for the rest of you, you're safe. For now. We'll pick up on the action next week, and someone will go home! DRAMA!"

Valkaria gets up from her chair and walks towards the door.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a date with a mojito."

Prize: Winner gets Advantage during next competition: Add or subtract 2 to any of your rolls. Only applies to Challenge 2.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum